As the world begins another week of lockdown, millions more people are being asked to study, work, and play at home. The situation today is far from ideal, and the longer restrictions are in place, the more stir crazy everyone is likely to get. We crave social contact and face-to-face interaction. We are, after all, only human.
While social distancing measures might be keeping us apart, Spike has been busy in the (virtual) lab whipping up something that’s designed to help bring us back together! We want to keep everyone connected with family, friends, and colleagues during these difficult times, and we’ve got just the thing to make it happen.
Say hello to the video conferencing solution from Spike. The quickest, easiest, and most secure multi-participant video and audio-conferencing tool around. It’s all completely free, unlimited, and guaranteed to keep you safe and secure at all times.
Stay Connected with Video Conferencing Solutions for Home
Whether you need video conferencing solutions for your small business or to keep in touch with family, Spike has got exactly what you need. Our video conferencing solution is perfect for connecting multiple members of your team, so everyone is on the same page, despite being in different locations. The same is true if you want to connect with family or friends, just get everyone to jump on a video conferencing call and share the love.
Our video conferencing solution is also perfect for education, and whether you’re holding online classes for your students or you need to bring together your peers to work together on a group project, connecting using Spike couldn’t be easier. Set up virtual classrooms, organize group brainstorming sessions, or just get together for after class drinks—just remember to stock up on ice first!
No App Download Required: A Cloud-Based Video Conferencing Solution
Here at Spike, we believe in tech for good—and that’s why we want our video conferencing solution to reach as many people as possible. We’ve made it easier for you to stay connected with those who matter most by giving you a video conferencing solution that is entirely in the cloud—you don’t need to download anything, install anything, or even create a Spike account.
Anyone can join the party and there’s no time limits on call length or number of participants. It works directly from Chrome, Firefox, and Safari on desktop, Chrome on Android, and Safari on iOS—with support for Spike’s internal browser coming soon!
There are no ads and no private data is collected, and to ensure you and your fellow participants are protected, we’ve used SRTP connections for the ultimate in security. Finally, screen sharing is integrated directly within the Spike video conferencing.
Here’s what you can expect from Spike’s video conferencing tool:
- Free voice and video conferencing for everyone!
- No time limits
- Anyone can join. No need to download or install an app, create an account, or use Spike—open access for all!
- Connect as many people as you want
- Works with your browser from your desktop or mobile (Chrome, Firefox, and Safari on desktop, Chrome on Android, and Safari on iOS—with support for Spike’s internal browser coming soon!)
- Screen sharing built-in
- Simple to use
- Secured with SRTP encryption
- No ads and no private data collected
How to Use the Spike Voice and Video Conferencing
Setting up team happy hours, board meetings, virtual classrooms, impromptu dance parties, or just a quick chat with your parents couldn’t be easier. Here’s how:
- Set up your conference call using this link – https://video.spike.chat/
- Enter your name and an optional name for the virtual meeting room
- Click “create new meeting”
- If prompted, ensure Spike has access to your microphone and camera
- Click “join video meeting”
- Once you’ve entered the meeting, you can either send an invite to your contacts, or copy/paste the meeting URL