At Spike, we take your privacy seriously and want this information to be as clear as possible. If you still have any questions about anything in this Policy talk to us at email@example.com.
1. What Data Do We Collect?
There are three basic categories of information we collect:
- The information you choose to give us.
- Information we get when you use our services.
- Information we get from third parties.
Here’s a little more detail on each of these categories:
The Site collects personal information when you register with Spike, when you use the Service and when you visit Spike’s pages. Information which you submit to Spike during registration or performance of other actions at Spike, or when you use the Service may be recorded in Spike’s designated database (the “Database”).
When you visit our Website, our servers record information, including information that your browser automatically sends whenever you visit the Website. This log data includes your Internet Protocol address (from which we understand the country you are connecting from at the time you visit the Site), browser type and settings, the date and time of your request.
In order to provide you with the Service, Spike may securely access or store your email address and password, your emails and other conversations and your contact list (including any public images attached to contacts in the list). Data may be deleted from our servers after a few days, and Spike will not be liable for any data deleted due to the passage of time. In addition, when you visit Spike or use the Service, we may periodically collect your device number or IP address (the location of your device on the Internet), track your geographic location, monitor installation and online behavioral information recorded during user sessions and technical data and related information (including but not limited to technical information about your device, applications installed on it, its operating system and your operator).
We store only the minimum data needed to provide you with the fastest experience possible.
When you communicate with us actively, for example, contact us with questions, comments or for purposes of feedback, information or customer/technical support, we may collect the information you share.. This may include your contact information and any other personal information you choose to provide through such communication. We may also collect such information when you ask to be included in our mailing lists as they may be available from time to time, or express an interest in hearing more about our offerings, in order to send you information in the future regarding us, our partners, related services, promotions or events. Another way we may actively collect your contact information is through surveys we may conduct from time to time in respect of our products. Participation and providing information in surveys is optional. All such communications may be publicly available and should reflect how much you want other users to know about you. We recommend that you guard your anonymity and sensitive information and we encourage you to think carefully about what information about yourself you disclose in your comments or submissions.
Spike’s use of information received from Google APIs will adhere to Google API Services User Data Policy, including the Limited Use requirements.
2. How Do We Use The Data That We Collect?
We collect Personal Data for the following purposes:
- To provide the Service and manage your access and use of the Services, including to process transactions with you, authenticate you when you log in, provide customer support, operate and maintain the Service, follow-up of the customer relations. This processing is necessary to perform the contract with you or to take steps prior to entering into a contract at your request, or it is necessary for our legitimate interests in responding to your requests.
- To communicate directly with you, including by sending you newsletters, promotions and special offers or information about current products, current services, new products and services. This use of your data is in our legitimate interest in communicating with our customers about our products and services you may be interested in. You may at any time opt out of receiving such communications by (i) clicking the unsubscribe link included in all the emails you receive or (ii) contacting us as indicated under “Contact” section below. We will send you other information on our new products or services or other promotions only with your consent (and you have the right to withdraw your consent at any time).
- To comply with our legal and regulatory obligations.
- As necessary for certain legitimate business interests, which include the following:
- To better understand how visitors interact with our Services and ensure that our Websites are presented in the most effective manner for you, and as part of our efforts to keep our Websites, network and information systems secure.
- For providing, maintaining, protecting, developing, benchmarking and improving Spike’s offerings, in particular resolving any bugs and fixes, enhancing or improving features of existing products and developing new products and capabilities.
- To conduct analytics to inform our marketing strategy and enable us to enhance and personalize our communications and the experience we offer to our users.
- To manage unpaid invoices and possible disputes about the use of our products and services.
- To share Personal Data within our affiliates and subsidiaries for internal administrative purposes.
- If you ask us to delete your data or to be removed from our marketing lists and we are required to fulfill your request, we will keep basic data to identify you and prevent further unwanted processing.
- We may anonymize, de-identify and/or aggregate the information that we collect and use such anonymized, de-identified and/or aggregated data for commercial, statistical and market research purposes, including sharing it with affiliates and business partners.*
- Any non-personal data we may receive, such as IP address, geolocation, device type, or how often you use your favorite Spike features, may be used to improve the quality and efficiency of our service.
Spike does not rent, sell, distribute or monetize on your data. To anyone. There are no ads on Spike either.
As used above, “legitimate interests” means, our interests in conducting our business, managing and delivering the best Services to you. We will not use your Personal Data for activities where the impact on you overrides our interests unless we have your consent or those activities are otherwise required or permitted by law.
- With your consent, we use Personal Data about you where you have given us consent to do so for a specific purpose not listed above. For example, with your permission, we may publish testimonials or featured customer stories on our Websites to promote the Services, including names and profile photo of representatives of our customers alongside the testimonial.
We will inform you when requesting your Personal Data, if certain data must be provided or if it is optional. We will also inform you of the consequences should you not wish to provide this data. While providing our Services, we may collect on behalf of our customers information related to our customers’ employees, customers, and other individuals. Our use of information on behalf of our customers is governed by our contract with the applicable customer and the customer’s own privacy policies. We are not responsible for the privacy policies or privacy practices of customers or other third parties.
*Google API data is not used for that purpose.
3. How is Information Disclosed?
(a) We are required to do so by law or when necessary to comply with a current judicial proceeding, a court order or legal process served on us, or when we believe in good faith that disclosure of information to government or law enforcement officials or private parties is necessary or appropriate to respond to claims and legal process (including but not limited to subpoenas), to protect our or a third party’s property and rights, to protect the safety of the public or any person, to prevent or stop any activity we may consider to be, or to pose a risk of being, illegal, unethical, inappropriate or legally actionable, or to report suspected illegal activity. In all cases, such information will only be disclosed in accordance with applicable laws and regulations.
In addition, we may provide aggregate statistics about users, sales, and other information to third parties for commercial or other purposes (including without limitation to deliver targeted advertising about other products and services, or provide recommendations of applications), but these statistics will not include any personally identifiable information (but may include non-personal data such as the country derived from the IP address, age, and gender).
4. Links and Third Party Service Providers
We do not exercise control over others that provide information, or over banners, other advertisements or links you may receive by email using Spike or the Service. These other parties may place their own cookies or other files on your device, collect data or solicit personal information from you, and follow different rules regarding the use or disclosure of personal information. We encourage you to read their privacy policies in advance.
5. Data Retention
Spike may retain your Personal Data for a period of time consistent with the original purpose of collection. For instance, we may retain your Personal Data during the time you have an account to use our Websites or Services, or as agreed in our subscription agreements, and for a reasonable period of time thereafter. We also may retain your Personal Data as necessary to comply with our legal obligations, to establish proof of a right or a contract, resolve disputes, enforce our agreements, in accordance with the law.
Your credit card information is stored no longer than the time necessary to allow the fulfillment of the transaction, except in the case of a subscription, to facilitate the payment of regular customers. In that case, credit card information is stored for the whole duration of your subscription and at least until the date at which you carry out your last transaction. Such storage is implemented by our secure payment service provider Stripe. By subscribing to our Services, you agree to this storage. Data relating to the visual cryptogram or CVV2 on the back of your credit card is not stored.
6. How is Information Secured?
We take reasonable technical and organizational measures to guard against unauthorized or unlawful processing of the information collected and against accidental loss or destruction of, or damage to, or misuse or alteration of your personal data, but cannot guarantee the security of your personal information.
We treat all data with the highest sensitivity and security to ensure that user data is protected. We protect your data from the moment you enter Spike. From login to encrypting data sent and received over Spike, we take extra measures to make sure no one can access your data. We work closely with our engineering, product, security and legal teams to ensure that you enjoy top-notch privacy, security, and data protection.
Data is stored using the AES-256 algorithm, with a per-message private key. In addition, we apply software patches on a regular basis and have periodic external security audits by third parties to ensure compliance.
7. Our Policy Towards Minors
We do not knowingly collect or solicit personal information from anyone under the age of 13. If we learn that we have collected personal information from a child under age 13, we will delete that information as quickly as possible. If you believe that we might have any information from or about a child under the age of 13, please contact us.
8. International Processing or Transfer
Your information may be processed, maintained or transferred outside of your state, where the privacy laws may not be as protective as those in your jurisdiction. You consent to have your personal data transferred to and processed in England, UK and in other jurisdictions in which we may operate.
9. How Can You Contact Us?
Have any other questions? Want to just say hey? Or, any requests for access to your information, modification or correction of your information or questions in respect of this policy should be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Last Modified: October 2020