Losing things can be such a pain. It doesn’t matter how organized you are, sometimes, you put something down and then it’s gone! It’s like some deep and intangible universal law, one of the very few constants in a world of uncertainty. So, when it comes to managing your emails, and the seemingly infinite ways they can go missing from your inbox, you can probably forgive yourself for spending those frustratingly inefficient few minutes searching.
But (and this is a BIG but) what if there was a better way? What if there was a way to stick it to the cosmic forces that rule over time and space? What if there was a way to find all your emails, attachments, contacts, and anything else you might have “misplaced”. Well, we’re here to tell you there is. And it’s built directly into the Spike app.
Advanced Search — One Box Does It All!
Advanced Search is built to help you take back control of your inbox. Whatever you need to find, you simply type into the search field. That’s your contacts, files and attachments, emails and group chats, and any emails that you’ve tagged as priority or with a star. When you’re in the Spike app, simply head to the magnifying glass in the right-hand corner of your message previews, click on it and off you go.
How to Search Your Email with Advanced Search
Searching for any kind of information with Advanced Search is quick, easy, and made for even the most forgetful among us! You can quickly and easily search for any information you need either by contact or by keyword. Advanced Search provides intelligent, predictive tagging, helping you to find what you are looking for even if you only have fragments of the information you need. Simply start typing and a bunch of helpful little tags will pop up just below the search field.
Looking for a contact but can’t remember the surname? Simply type in a first name and Advanced Search will remind you. Need to find the 3rd draft of that PowerPoint presentation but you’ve forgotten which version it is? Just enter the file name and all the relevant documents will be listed—if you’re still unsure, you can preview each file directly in Spike email using our File Manager!
To help you take full advantage of Advanced Search, use the guide below to search your email and find everything you’re looking for in an instant.
- How to search for someone’s email – If you have an email address handy, simply type in it in and Advanced Search will display all of your messages, the files associated with that contact, and the full contact details tied to that email address.
- How to search an email address by name – Whether you have a full name or simply a first name, throw it into Advanced Search and any email address with a similar name will be displayed. Our intelligent tagging system will help you narrow down your results. However, if you’re still unsure you have the right person, you can simply check your message history to be certain.
- How to search your email history – If you want to look over your email history with a specific contact, then either enter the contact’s email address or name, and a list of your previous messages will be displayed. If the particular contact has slipped your mind, then you can simply enter a keyword associated with the thread you have in mind. That can be a subject line, a company or project name, or anything else you can think of.
- How to find email attachments and files – Searching for documents you’ve received through email is simple with Advanced Search. Type in the name of the document, or the name of the person who sent it to you, and all associated files will be displayed. Advanced Search will even help you find documents you don’t know the name of by using the “files” tag. Now, all files are displayed in chronological order for you to scroll through.
- How to find priority and starred emails – If you’ve marked specific emails as priority or you’ve starred certain messages, Advanced Search gives you an instant overview. Simply click the intelligent tags just under the search field to display your most important messages.
A Search That Actually Works
How many times have you tried (and failed) to find something within more conventional email clients? You’ve tried multiple search terms, entered the email address, filtered by date and any other information you can think of—and still there’s nothing. You begin to ask yourself whether you dreamt that dream job offer, or pay rise, or invitation to The White House.
Spike, however, has made seamless functionality the cornerstone of Advanced Search. Put simply, it actually works. Discover the power of Advanced Search and Tweet us @SpikeNowHQ to give us the thumbs up!
You may also like
The Best Free SEO Tools for Small Business Owners Who Know Nothing About SEO
For anyone just getting started with SEO, you’re going to need a few tools. Here, we take a look at the best free SEO analysis tools available now.Read More
The Best Freelancing Websites for Fresh Work and Great Clients
For freelancers everywhere, finding work is always a challenge. However, by checking out these top freelance websites you can make the whole process simple.Read More