How to Mark Items Read/Unread
Spike was built to make managing your email simple and intuitive, and with filtering between read/unread, you can prioritize messages and organize your inbox. Any messages you receive can be marked as either read or unread both inside the message itself after you have read it, or simply by marking it on the message preview—meaning you can disregard less important messages with a single click.
How to mark a thread or message as read/unread
When you open a specific thread or message it automatically turns to read. However, you can also mark it read without entering, allowing you to quickly and efficiently know what needs your attention!
Long press on the unread thread or message, and then see the message flip & turn to read. Another long press will turn it back to unread again.
When you read a message Spike will automatically turn mark it as read.To turn in back to unread, hover over the thread and click the circle on the right. After clicking it the circle will turn to blue and it will be marked as unread.
1. Hover over the thread you wish to mark as read/unread.
2. Click on the downward arrow that will appear.
3. Click on the eye icon that shows up to mark as read or unread.
To do things even quicker, you can press this keyboard shortcut to mark a message from read to unread, and visa versa.
How to show only unread messages
Tap on the empty circle next to the magnifying glass…..Ta-daaa!
Click on the funnel icon…..Ta-daaa!
Alternatively, you can use these keyboard shortcuts.
To filter on Mac.
To filter on Windows.
How to find unread messages
If you see an unread message badge but can’t find the message/s, there are two ways to find that pesky unread message:
- Check your ‘Sent’ folder—sometimes unread messages are “hiding” there. Your sent folder will only be available if you’re on the Inbox conversation mode.
- Try to switch between the different Conversation modes (People, Inbox, Subject, via the Settings) and then filter to see only the Unread messages.
In most cases, this will help you find the hidden unread messages 🙂
If you still can’t find the unread messages, please send us a message firstname.lastname@example.org with the device you are using, a screenshot and more details about the issue you are having.
Knowing if there is more than one unread message from the same sender
Sometimes you might get more than one email from the same person or Group. Spike will indicate the number of unread messages on the right side of the highlight thread.
Archiving Messages/Threads after replying
1. From the main menu, tap on the gear icon on the top right to go to settings.
2. Scroll to the very bottom to the utilities section and tap on the ‘Advanced’ option.
3. Enable ‘Archive on Send’ to automatically archive messages after replying.
How to mark my archived messages as read?
Marking archived messages as read is a quick and simple way to ensure your inbox is free of distractions. Here we show you how.
To mark your archived messages as read, from the main menu tap on the gear icon on the top right to go to settings.
Scroll to the very bottom to the utilities section, and press on the ‘Advanced’ option.
Here you can enable ‘Mark Read on Archive’ which will mark your archived messages as read.